My Oman FM Radio Interview!
See Previous Article – A Letter From The Fan!
My Oman FM Radio Interview
Under interactive guidance of Producer Hatim Abdul Salaam, I was interviewed Live on Tuesday 21st January 2014 from 7 pm to 8 pm with a five minutes break in between. It was Family Programme under the title of Embedding The Habit of Reading For The Youth.
The feedbacks were mainly all positive with one commentator (lady expatriate) commenting it was one of the best programmes she had listened to in a very long time. She is a regular listener to the programmes in FM Oman Radio.
After a brief introduction on myself and how I got into my hobby and passion of writing since 14 years of age, we went deep into the subject.
Areas of Coverage
- This was my 4th Visit cum Live Transmission at the place!
- How I became very much interested in reading and writing as a young boy of 14 years of age.
- My first essay My Most Vivid Dream won a National Award in Tanzania in 19605
- Author of 10 books – 2 in Arab Management – 2 in Road Safety Awareness and 6 others based on my columns in The Oman Daily Observer since 2003
- Worked in Human Resources for 25 years in PDO and as Management Consultant for 12 years after Early Retirement in PDO and after my Management Consultancy firm had to close down for financial loss reasons
- Have always liked writing – from School Magazines, Colleges, PDO, Other Places – and early days in Times of Oman with 2 main articles on Omanisation and Road Traffic issues in Oman
- Moved to Oman Daily Observer as a Columnist (part time) since March 2003.
Sequences Topics of The Interviews
- Why to encourage writing and the benefits and advantages of writing
- Even our Great Prophet PBUH was told `Read’ ‘ – in the Holy Quran – and the advent and start of Islam! See here – Read! In the name of your Lord and Cherisher – Sura 96 – Al Alaq – The Clinging Clot.
- Travel as far as to China to gain knowledge! – Islamic Hadith
- How we can encourage more reading especially starting with the young children first
- The negative effects of Not Writing!
- Issues in Writing and Reading – and possible solutions
- Why more support, encouragement and assistance is required – and not to look at the issues narrow minded by looking at it in money terms and profits only!
- Diverge into English and not concentrate only in Arabic
- Enlarge the scope of support to not only (fine) arts but also in writing and reading
- Giving more attention and in valuing more our own Writers, Authors and Columnists
- Move from only currently looking at outside country (Foreigners) and in concentrating in picture books, poems, cook books, subject topics etc – especially if written and compiled by Foreigners
- Serious Reading and books that ‘make you think’ need more emphasis and support
- Encouragement by small incentives for children reading in the family by family themselves – and things like making Home Library – even if start with few books first
- Others related
- I cannot live without books – Thomas Jefferson
- I spend a lot of time reading – Bill Gates
- If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading – or do things worth the writing – Benjamin Franklin
- You do not have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them – Ray Bradbury
- Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money – Jules Renard
- Life cannot defeat a Writer who is in love with writing – for life itself is a Writer’s love until death – Edna Ferber
- Many Others!
My Books, Columns and Writing Websites
- Books – www.myownmajid.com
- Also – www.bethesafedriver.com and www.myown-ebooks.com
- Columns – www.majidwrite.com and www.majidall.com
- Also – www.majidsn.com
If you have listened to the programme and have feedbacks to give – please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Books – For Direct Ordering.
|Wipe My Tears!||Wipe My Tears!|
|Being The Safe Driver!||Safe Driving|
|Short Takes – Two!||Short Takes 2|
|The Sequel – Three!||The Sequel 3|
|Psychology of Arab Management Thinking!||Arab Psychology|
|A Cry For Help! – Arab Management||A Cry For Help!|
|The Sequel – Between Us Only!||The Sequel|
|Short Takes – Between Us Only!||www.myownmajid.com|
|Behind The Wheel! (India)||www.myownmajid.com|
|Between Us Only! (Oman)||www.myownmajid.com|
- Books by Trafford
- Books by CreateSpace
- Published in India